Persistence is the force that births any great achievement. It is the key to any success in life and ministry. In the face of rejection and obstacles, a persistent person will always carry on and achieve his or her goals. You don’t show how much or desperate you need a thing until your persistent pursuit become obvious. No one achieved anything great in life without being diligent in what they do. God rewards diligent seekers. Hebrews 11:6
I will highlight below some of the areas of your life you must not take for granted
1. If you are praying do it persistently . 1 Thessalonians. 5:15-18
2. If you are knocking any door of opportunity do it persistently . Matthew. 7:7
3. If you are giving your financial offerings to God, do it persistently . Amos 4:4
4. If you are a church goer do it persistently . Acts 2:42
5. If you are a worshiper do it persistently . Luke 2:37
6. If you are a forgiver do it persistently . Mark 11:25
7. If you are helping the poor and the needy, do it persistently . Psalms 9:18
8. If you read Bible do it persistently . Joshua. 1:8
9. If you are living a holy life, live it persistently . Hebrews. 11:14
10. If you are evangelizing do it persistently. 1 Corinthians 9:19
Whatever good things you do, do it regularly . Galatians. 6:9
The passion to achieve your dreams and aspirations lies in the tenacity of your persistence. Everything give way to someone who will not take NO for an answer. If you try you don’t succeed don’t stop trying.There will always be circumstances to stop you on the way, but your faith in your goals and the consciousness of its reality should spur you on. Discouragement is an enemy don’t allow him as a friend.
I will leave you with the Parable Jesus told His disciples of a man who traveled a long way to seek for help from his friend below:
A Friend Comes at Midnight
Luke 11: 5-8 And He said to them, “Which of you shall have a friend, and go to him at midnight and say to him, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves; 6 for a friend of mine has come to me on his journey,I have nothing to set before him’; 7 and he will answer from within and say, ‘Do not trouble me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give to you’? 8 I say to you, though he will not rise and give to him because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will rise and give him as many as he needs.
Persistence required your ability to delay and defer instant gratification
Persistence required your determination and readiness to patiently wait for the promises of God
Persistence required your preparedness to wait for God’s time of fulfillment over your own time of expectation
Persistence required your resistance to give up too easily
Persistence required your doggedness to stay true to your dreams and aspirations to the end
God Is Love.