In Christ alone is our hope fulfilled and satisfaction found. All other sources of help are sinking sand but on Christ we found hope, faith and love…builds on the solid rock, for immovable comfort, salvation and security. Jesus is the hope of the world!
1. We belong to the generation that everything has been completed in Christ before we were born. The old testament believers looked forward, we looked back to see what has been completed for us in Christ over 2000 years ago on the cross of Calvary.
2. The old testament believers died in hope. E.g. Abraham looked forward to a city built by God. Hebrews 11:39-40. 1 Peter 1:10-11. They lived in shadows we live in the reality. In Christ, we are a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. Matthew 5:14
For example: Isaiah saw the burial, death and resurrection of Christ in advance (Hope). We came after all of these has happened. We came when the food has been cooked ready to be eaten so to speak.
3. Jesus fulfilled the law without committing any sin, therefor qualified as a perfect lamb for sin sacrifice. Therefore, the old testament believers’ sins received full redemption in Christ. The bulls and goats sacrifice of old testament was a promissory note. The blood covered their sins but remitted by the blood of Christ. Hebrews 10:4. John 1:29
Our hope and faith must be on the finished work of Christ. In Christ you don’t hope it shall be done. You hope for what is already done. Hebrews 11:1. Christ in us is the hope of our salvation. Christ is our hope and our hope is in Christ. The only hope left in the future is the second coming of our Lord, the judgement seat of Christ and Millennium reign with Christ. Titus 2:13. All other hope is already accomplished in Christ.
WHAT ARE THOSE FINISHED WORK OF CHRIST?
Isaiah 53: 4-5 But he lifted our illnesses, he carried our pain; even though we thought he was being punished, attacked by God, and afflicted for something he had done. He was wounded because of our rebellious deeds, crushed because of our sins; he endured punishment that made us well; because of his wounds we have been healed. (NET BIBLE)
Ephesians 1: 3. Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. (NIV)
(Every blessing takes its roots from the spiritual realm before it becomes physical. Either from God or Satan)
Philippians 4:19. And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. (NIV)
(If it is your need, God is committed to sending it to your way 1 Timothy 6:7-9)
WHAT OUR MINDSET SHOULD BE:
GOD’S MINDSET: The creation of the world was first completed in the realm of the spirit, in the mind of God before God speaks. God then work/walk towards it by speaking them into existence and everything God said, God saw.
The mentality of our hope and faith must be on the premise that we know He already done what we are asking of Him. Not that He’s going to do it.
For example, Stop hoping for your salvation, work out your salvation. stop hoping for your healing, take your healing, stop hoping for the promises of God for your life, start taking a step of faith to actualized it.
God has completed His work; it was accomplished in Christ, so the onus is on us not God. Our only shortcomings could be lacking the wisdom of what to do and knowledge to appropriate it. Both are available through prayer and the word of God. Ephesians 1: 17, 2 Peter 1:3
HOW TO TAKE DELIVERY OF WHAT IS ALREADY FINISHED IN CHRIST
Most of the prayers of the religious settings is based on sins and sins consciousness. We failed to know that as a believer in Christ most of our confessions should be confession of faith, declaring and decreeing the word of God concerning us.
1. The CONFESSION of your faith. Hebrews 10:23. Don’t close your mouth, your mouth is like a sickle for your harvest. You cannot go to a farm for a harvest without using tools. We don’t decree and declare no more, all we do is keep begging God as if He is wicked, whereas He has accomplished all our needs in Christ. He is a generous God!
Joshua and Caleb are people whole lived beyond their time. They understand the timeless principles of God. Numbers 13:30. They knew Canaan land was a done deal. It is there for them to take. Someone might say, ” but I do this all the time”. Don’t stop, because God makes everything beautiful in His OWN TIME not yours.
2. LIVE and STAY IN LOVE. Be in love with God and man. There is Love, hope and faith but love is the best. 1 Corinthians 13:13. Because Love make others (faith and hope) effective. Faith and Hope works through love. Galatians 5:6. Love Christ because your faith and hope is in Him. Love people because they are the image of God around you. Avoid living in hatred and envy.
MY QUESTION IS THIS:
Are you coming to the Banquet? Luke 14:16-24. Do you believe ” everything is ready?”. I have come as the messenger of God to tell you that all your hope is fulfilled in Christ. The choice is yours. But I pray that you begin to take hold of everything God said is ready and completed in Christ in Jesus name.
God bless you all.