As I was driving to a nearby local shop this last week, I saw a boy of about the age of four running across the hedges of a car park lot….jumping as he walk alone. Ahead of him were 2 adult male I had thought he was probably with. But as I was about parking in the parking lot, it became clear to me that I’m probably looking at a missing boy as he kept hopping in and out of a couple of shops panicking. Myself and few others have no doubt this is a missing boy. To make the matter worse, the boy could not mutter any sentences that could help in locating his family when asked.
“You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
We decided to keep him in the shop whilst I and another guy went out to look out for someone who might be looking for him within the area. We checked the events Hall nearby to ask, but to no avail. There were suggestion to call the police, but I resisted it by advising others to make it our last resort- away by not wanting to put the parents in trouble. Eventually we came across the parents, who have been looking for him as well. The boy restored to them and they were very thankful.
”I would rather make mistakes in kindness and compassion than work miracles in unkindness and hardness” ….Mother Theresa
It is possible to be kind and not be a Christian, but for me, you cannot be a good Christian and not be a kind person. No matter how harsh, rude, nasty and unkind a person is before accepting Jesus as Lord and Saviour, he or she should receive transformation through the grace of Our Lord Jesus and help from the Holy Spirit after salvation. Any little acts of kindness will bring joy and happiness to the recipient any day.
” If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy practice compassion”….Dalai Lama XIV
It was me and another guy that painstakingly combed the area in search of this boy’s parents among all that saw the boy missing. As a result, the other guy gave me a compliment for our fruitful efforts after we handed over the boy happily to his parents. I told the guy that I was equally impressed with his reaction and act of kindness. The guy may not be a Christian but that was a Christ-like attitude. It is an attitude every believer must possess. By going extra-mile to help people, whether we know them or not. Everybody we come across deserve to be loved and cared for as Christ would have done in such a situation.
LITTLE ACTS OF KINDNESS
• Say “Good morning” to a person standing next to you in the elevator.
• Take a minute to direct someone who is lost, even though you’re rushing.
• Help a mother carry her baby stroller up the subway stairs, or hold a door open for her.
• Contributing some of your unwanted clothes to a charity.
• Say “please” and “thank you”—and really mean it.
• When you’re on a crowded train or bus, offer your seat to an elderly, disabled or pregnant person.
• Assisting somebody with their packages.
BIBLE VERSES ON KINDNESS
- “The LORD bless you, my daughter,” he replied. “This kindness is greater than that which you showed earlier: You have not run after the younger men, whether rich or poor. Ruth 3:10(NIV)
- The people of the island were very kind to us. It was cold and rainy, so they built a fire on the shore to welcome us. Acts 28:2 (NLT)
- Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Col 3:12 (NIV)
- And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you. Eph 4:32 (KJV)
- Now in Joppa there was a disciple named Tabitha (which translated in Greek is called Dorcas); this woman was abounding with deeds of kindness and charity which she continually did. Acts 9:36(NAS)
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Gal 5:22-23(NIV)
- Never let loyalty and kindness leave you! Tie them around your neck as a reminder. Write them deep within your heart. Prov 3:3 (NLT)
There is no greater reward in life than to be the kind of person who feels they can lovingly give. Occasionally we all in reality do acts of kindness a lot of times a day but we don’t realise it. However, it is what we ought to be doing consciously at all times. Make it a goal and you shall derive satisfaction in doing so.
If you have never received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, this is the right time to do so. You are not reading this post by accident.
You just require to confess your sins and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour;
Do so prayerfully and with the depth of your heart. In order to do that please click here ⇐