Islamic State claims responsibility for attack southeast of Baghdad – Breaking News

0
16

Breaking news

Breaking news.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

CAIRO – The Islamic State claimed responsibility for a suicide attack that took place on Monday targeting the Nahrawan area southeast of Baghdad, the group’s Amaq news agency said.

The Sunni militant group said it had killed 35 members of Shi’ite paramilitaries known as Popular Mobilisation Forces but the Interior Ministry had earlier said the attack targeted civilians and did not provide official casualty figures.


Get Free Email Updates!

Signup now and receive an email once I publish new content.

I will never give away, trade or sell your email address. You can unsubscribe at any time.

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY